Last Updated on October 22, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Concept of Security – Facts about Security (Primary 1)
TOPIC – SOURCE OF INSECURITY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Source of Insecurity
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify source of insecurity.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing source of insecurity.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks pupils to describe who is a bad person. Listen to them as you related their ideas to source of insecurity.
SOURCE OF INSECURITY
1. Bad people
2. Bad friends
4. Expire foods, drinks and drugs
5. Fake products (objects or items)
6. Rat poison, sniper, etc.
7. Nicked wire
8. Wrong use home household equipment, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify the major and common source of insecurity.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the major and common source of insecurity.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
identify 3 sources of insecurity.