PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PRIMARY 1/PRIMARY 2
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – SWIMMING I – PRELIMINARY SKILLS
TOPIC – SWIMMING II (DEMONSTRATION PRELIMINARY SKILLS)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to perform the preliminary skill of swimming.
Playing inside a big bowl with water.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Swimming pool
- Swimming trunk
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF SWIMMING
Swimming is the movement using arms and legs to float inside the water.
DEMONSTRATION OF PRELIMINARY SKILLS FOR BEGINNERS
- Coming in and out of the water.
- Adjusting to the water.
- Face down floating
- Surface dive
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Demonstrates the preliminary skills of swimming.
- Pupil’s Activities – Perform the preliminary skills of swimming.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to demonstrate the preliminary skill of swimming.