BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC CONCEPT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Features of Word Processing (Primary 6)
TOPIC: MICROSOFT PROCESSOR SKILLS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
demonstrate the basic skills of Microsoft Word.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
a functional computer system.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Dataklink Computer Studies Book 6
Tanus Computer Studies
All Relevant Materials
Relevant link – Useful and Quick Links for Second Term Plan Lesson Notes All Subjects Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – WORD PROCESSING SKILLS – Microsoft Word
Basic skills for Microsoft Word include:
1. Opening the Microsoft Word.
2. Identifying the basic features: tool bar; icons and cursor.
3. Creating a new document.
4. Entering and deleting text.
5. Using the dictionary – spell check.
6. Using basic edit features: cut; copy and paste.
7. Saving Documents – save or save as.
8. Operating print or print preview.
9. Retrieving Documents.
10. Quitting the Software.
LESSON TWO – LESSON EVALUATION/ASSIGNMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains what Word Processing software is;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and learn basic Word Processing skills.
3.. Guides class by typing and moving within the documents to demonstrate basic Word Processing Skills:
Pupil’s Activities – Type and move within the document to demonstrate basic Word Processing Skills.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
demonstrate Microsoft Word basic skills.