Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – INTER AND INTRA ETHNIC MARRIAGES
TOPIC – CHARACTERISTICS OF HEALTHY BOY-GIRL RELATIONSHIP
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
- explain the concept of bachelor and spinster;
- differentiate between bachelor and spinster;
- identify what makes good and healthy boy-girl relationship;
- identify the dangers of not practicing healthy boy-girl relationship;
- identify the sexual behaviors that promote STD.
- The pupils are required to already have learned in their previous lesson:
- Inter and Intra ethnic marriage;
- Marital failure.
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Relevant Pictures
- Newspaper and Magazines
- Product of the futures wheels
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PREMARITAL SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP
Premarital sex is sexual activity practiced by people before they are married.
CONCEPT OF BACHELOR, SPINSTER AND SINGLE
- Bachelor is an unmarried man.
- Spinster is an unmarried woman.
- Single is someone, male or female, who is just simply not married.
HEALTHY BOY-GIRL RELATIONSHIP
Healthy boy-girl relationship is the kind of relationship that will not put boy and girl in health or social problems now or later.
CHARACTERISTICS OF HEALTHY BOY-GIRL RELATIONSHIP
- Say no to sex before marriage.
- Say no to negative peer pressure.
- As boys don’t be too pushy.
- As girls always keep your clothes on and have the fear of God, etc.
CONCEPT OF STDs/STIs EDUCATION
- STDs mean sexually transmitted Diseases.
- STIs mean Sexually Transmitted Infections.
These diseases are passed from one person to another through sexual contact.
- HIV/AIDS, etc.
HIV – Human Immunodeficiency Virus causes AIDS Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndromes and interferes with the body’s ability to fight infections.
HOW ITS SPREAD
- Unclean sharp objects like needles, blades, clippers, scissors, etc.
- Unscreened blood.
- By mother to baby by pregnancy, labor, or nursing.
- Unprotected vaginal, anal, or oral sex.
THE DANGERS OF UNHEALTHY BOY-GIRL RELATIONSHIP
Involvement in risky sexual behaviours that can promote STDS/AIDS, e.g.
- Having multiple sex partners.
- Sudden break in the boy or girl’s education.
- Health risk.
- Unwanted pregnancy, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains what is meant by healthy boy-girl relationship.
- Asks pupils to give examples of boy-girl relationship which they know and expands on the pupils’ responses.
- Pupil’s Activities – Give examples of boy-girl relationship which they know.
- Uses futures wheels to discuss the dangers of practicing unhealthy boy-girl relationship.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the building and expansion of the futures wheels.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Attempt all the questions
Explain the meaning of
1. Bachelor ___________________________________________________
2. Spinster ___________________________________________________
3. state the different between bachelor and spinster.
4. State what a healthy boy-girl relationship is.
5. List examples of healthy boy-girl relationship.
List 3 dangers of practicing unhealthy boy-girl relationship.
State 2 sexual behaviors that promote STD.