Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – READING
TOPIC – WALL CHART CONTAINING WORDS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to identify and read words in the chart.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures of identification.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Choose a suitable wall chart containing words of action based on recommended books or materials.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Displays different pictures on the pupils tables.
- Pupil’s Activities – Looking at the pictures.
- Asks pupils to identify or describe the objects or activities in the pictures.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify or describe the objects or activities in the pictures.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to identify or describe the activities on the chart.