Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – ADDITION AND SUBSTRACTION OF DECIMAL NUMBERS
- Lesson One – Addition of decimal Numbers
- Lesson Two – Substraction of decimal Numbers
- Lesson Three – Addition and Subtraction of Decimal Numbers (Quantitative Reasonings)
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to –
- add numbers involving three or more items.
- subtract numbers involving three or more items.
- solve quantitative reasonings.
Addition is still the same process of adding two or more numbers together to find their total. While subtraction is to take a number or an amount away from another amount or number. No matter what your age, but addition and subtraction are and will always be a part of your life.
The concept of addition and subtraction of decimal numbers will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the importance of addition and subtraction as part of life.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Flash cards.
- Fraction chart.
Adding numbers together or subtracting one number from another is what we do everyday. The pupils can add up numbers and subtract another numbers.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – Quantitative Reasonings
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION AND TEST