Last Updated on August 17, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – CONCEPT OF PRINT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Phonemic Awareness – Songs and Rhymes (Primary 1)
TOPIC – UPPER AND LOWER CASES LETTERS OF THE ALPHABET
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. name upper and lowercase letters in printed words and sentences and
2. recognize and name upper and lower case letters in words and sentences.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Simple story books
2. Pupils’ text books
3. School Library.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FOCUS ALPHABETICAL LETTERS
1. Capital Small Letters
Aa Bb Cc Dd Ef Ff
Gg Hh Ii Jj Ll Mm
Nn Oo Pp Qq Rr Ss
Tt Uu Vv Ww Xx Yy
2. Names of all Upper and Lower Cases Letters of the Alphabet
All the above mentioned letters are upper cases except for small letters g, j, p, q and y.
The letters are fall below the line while writing.
The rest of the small letters are also known as middle cases.
3. Identification of Upper and Lower Cases Letters of the Alphabet
1. My name is Segun.
2. The names of my school is Ajeromi Nursery and Primary School.
3. Mr. Balogun is a teacher.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify and name –
- all upper case letters and
Pupil’s Activities – Identify upper and lower case letters correctly.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities –
- Trace and letters in sand trays.
- Trace letters in writing books.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify upper case and lower case letters in words and sentences and
2. match letters printed on cards to names of the upper case and lower case letters.