CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Shapes of Objects – Drawing of Basic Shapes – Circle, Triangle, Square and Rectangle (Primary 2)
TOPIC – SHAPES AND SIZES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Sizes of Objects
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify different sizes of objects.
Basic Geometric Shapes
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Real objects of different shapes and sizes, pencils, drawing books, pictures of objects showing different shapes and sizes.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – As drawn in the previous lesson – Shapes of Objects – Drawing of Basic Shapes – Circle, Triangle, Square and Rectangle (Primary 2),
- Cuts out basic shapes of different of sizes for the pupils to identify by name and arrange in order of their size – small to the big or big to the small.
- For example, identify as small and big triangle or big and small triangle.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays different shapes and sizes of objects.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe different shaped objects displayed by the teacher and identify according to their sizes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
identify object of different sizes.