Last Updated on November 2, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Body Building Food – Protein Foods (Primary 3)
TOPIC – BALANCED DIET – PROTEIN
1. Introductory Activities
2. Classification of Body Building Foods
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
classify local body building foods.
Eggs, meats, fish, milk, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Samples of body building food stuffs of plant and animal origins.
2. Charts showing body building foods of plant and animal origin.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information – Classification of Energy Giving Foods – Tubers and Grains Origin (Primary 3)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities –
- Display samples or chart showing body building foods of animals and grain. origins. For example, yam and rice, ask the pupils give similar foods that’s like animals and crops.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and group body building foods into animals and crops origin.
Teacher’s Activities – Listen to the pupils and note their points on the board in tabular form and introduce the lesson – Classification of Body Building Foods.
LOCAL BODY BUILDING FOODS
4. Yogurt, etc.
3. Groundnut, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays and identify body building food items according to class.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the food stuff closely, identify and separate them according to their origin.
3. Teachers/Pupil’s Activities – Bring some examples of body building foods from home.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
Underline if the following foods are Animals or Crops .
1. Groundnut – Animal or Crops
2. Beans – Animal or Crops
3. Fish – Animal or Crops
4. Eggs – Animal or Crops
5. Yoghurt – Animal or Crops
6. Group the following into Animal or Crops
Mention the 2 classic of body building foods.
Give one example of animals body building foods.
Give one example of crops body building foods.