RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PRIMARY 1 | PRIMARY 3
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – ELEMENTS OF CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS
1. Meaning of Contentment
2. Characteristics of Contentment
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. define contentment.
2. state the characteristics of contentment.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing list of criminal behaviours
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Criminal behaviours are unacceptable behavior in any community. For example, stealing, fighting, etc.
Stay away from all criminal behaviors as soon as you can. One of the ways to avoid criminal behaviors is CONTENTMENT.
MEANING OF CONTENTMENT
Contentment is the state of being happy and satisfied with what you have.
CHARACTERISTICS OF CONTENTMENT AS MEANS OF AVOIDING CRIMINAL BEHAVIOURS
2. Live in the moment
3. Hard working
5. Self confidence
6. Self control
7. Free from worries and complain
8. Sleep well
9. Ask for help
10. Planing, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Ask the pupils to state why people steal.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state why people steal.
3. Links the pupil’s response in activities 2 to the concept of contentment.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe the concept of contentment.
4. Engages pupils to identify and describe how contentment is an instrument of avoiding criminal behaviours.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the engagement.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Social Studies – Revision and Examination
1. explain the term – contentment.
2. state 5 characteristics of contentment.
3. discuss the term – contentment as an Instrument of avoiding criminal behaviours.