Last Updated on September 16, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: OUR VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Why Many People Do Not Own Houses? Primary 5 (Basic 5) – Civic Education
TOPIC – WHY MANY PEOPLE DO NOT OWN HOUSES
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. List types of houses.
2. Suggest ways of making more people own houses.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures of houses
2. Resource persons in the town or villages.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
TYPES OF HOUSES
There are different kinds of houses in Nigeria and other parts of the world. One of them is –
WAYS OF MAKING MORE PEOPLE TO OWN HOUSES
1. Saving and investment
Provision of affordable housing schemes for the masses.
2 Government should create awareness of their available housing schemes.
3. Taking part in government housing scheme.
4. Government should regulate cost of housing materials.
5. Government should encourage the use of cheaper local building materials.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Present chart of various houses for identification.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different types of houses in the village and town.
3. Guides the pupils to identify modern houses on the charts.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify modern houses on the charts.
4. Lists and discuses ways of making more people to own houses.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss ways of making more people t to own houses.
5. Summaries the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. Identify 2 types of houses.
2. Give three reasons why people do not own houses.
3. Suggest 2 ways of making more people own houses.