BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – DRAWING OF COMPUTER PARTS
TOPIC – DIFFERENCES BETWEEN A COMPUTER AND TELEVISION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the difference between a computer and a television.
Computer and Television
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFICATION OF COMPUTER AND TELEVISION
ACTIVITIES 2 – DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN COMPUTER AND TELEVISION
Note – Take pupils respond and write them on the board.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Takes pupils to see a computer and a television.
- Guides them to note the differences between them.
- Pupil’s Activities – Look at the real computer and a television.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify what makes them different.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention two uses of computer in school.