Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (BST)
THEME: PHYSICAL FITNESS AND CONDITIONING PROGRAMMES
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING OF PHYSICAL FITNESS EXERCISE (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: PHYSICAL FITNESS EXERCISES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to perform the health related physical fitness exercises.
The pupils are required to already have learned to physical fitness.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts and pictures, mats, whistle video clips.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Physical fitness is the state of health and well-being of a person.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES – PHYSICAL FITNESS EXERCISES (PRACTICE)
Guides the pupils to perform the following exercises –
3. Bent knee sit up
4. Sit up
5. Sit and reach
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrates the physical fitness exercises.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice the exercises as demonstrated by the teacher.
3. Supervises and corrects pupils demonstration.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Explain the meaning of physical fitness.
2. Perform the different types of physical exercises.