THEME – GRAMMATICAL ACCURACY
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – PRESENT PERFECT USING – ED ENDING
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify present perfect using -ed ending.
2. express correct use of present perfect with -ed ending.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Sentence strips
2. Course book
3. Other supplementary resources like newspapers or magazines.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PRESENT PERFECT USING – ED AND – EN ENDING
Present perfect tense combines the present tense and the perfect aspect used to express an event that happened in the past that has present consequences. For example,
WORDS PRONUNCIATION – PRESENT PERFECT
work – worked
listen – listened
pray – prayed
lie – lied
place – placed
show – showed
snow – snowed
finish – finished
print – printed
watch – watched, etc.
EXPRESS CORRECT USE OF PRESENT PERFECT with ED – ENDING
1. I have cleaned the kitchen.
2. I have washed my clothes.
3. He has finished his classwork
4. She has finished her classwork.
5. She has lived here in Lagos.
6. He has lived here in Lagos.
7. He listened in silence.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher to explain present perfect using both ed – endings.
Pupil’s Activities – Pupils to identify correctly present perfect tense in sentences.
3. Leads pupils in constructing sentences in the present perfect tense.
Pupil’s Activities – Use present perfect tense in sentences.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board with some exercises.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. identify present perfect tense in sentences, and
2. express correct use of present perfect in sentences.