Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
- Lesson One – Introduction to Money
- Lesson Two – Exchange Rate (Conversion of Currency)
- Lesson Three – Profit and Loss
- Lesson Four – Quantitative Reasoning
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should be able to:
- recognise currencies used in Nigeria and other countries.
- compare Nigerian units of money with pounds sterling, American dollars and some West African countries.
- convert from one currency to another, using the exchange rate.
- solve problems on profit and loss, simple interest, commission, discount and transaction in the post offices, market etc.
- solve quantitative reasoning problems on money.
Money is the coins or bank notes that you use to buy things both at home and overseas. It is also known as currency. Currency used all over the world are not the same. Nigerian naira can be exchange for dollars and other countries currency. The concept of money will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the uses of money and their exchange rate.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of sample of Nigerian money, chart of currencies and exchange rate.
- Act of buying and selling
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 5
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – INTRODUCTION TO Money document
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – CONVERSION OF CURRENCY document
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – PROFIT AND LOSS document