CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – JSS 3
SECTION A – OBJECTIVES
Choose the correct options from the provided ALTERNATIVES.
1. _______________ is smallest unit of a design.
2. Traids is a chord containing _______________ different notes.
3. In major keys l, w,u, are known as _______________ traids.
4. _______________is one of the common dance pattern.
(a) Zero pattern
(b) Curve pattern
(c) Straight pattern
(d) Circle pattern
5. _______________ is an ending or resting point in music.
Second Term Examination Cultural and Creative Arts (CCA) Basic 7 (JSS 1)
Second Term Examination Cultural and Creative Arts (CCA) Basic 8 (JSS 2)
6. In lettering, letters are classified into _______________.
7. _______________ is known as surprised cadence or half closed.
(a) Interrupted cadence
(b) Legal cadence
© Perfect cadence
(d) Tonic cadence
8. _______________ letters are suitably used for printing of magazines, newspapers etc.
(a) The scripts
(b) The Romans
(c) The Gothics
(d) The prints
9. The constructed letters are also called _______________.
(a) the blocked
(b) the scripts
(c) the serifs
(d) the sanserifs
10. Singing can be grouped into _______________ parts.
11. one person singing ,may be referred to as _______________.
12. There are _______________ forms of minor scale.
13. _______________ has no key of its own.
(a) Minor scale
(b) Major scale
(c) Semi scale
(d) Middle scale
14. The art of constructing A-Z is _______________.
15. The shape or plan of a particular musician from beginning to the end is _______________.
(a) musical arrangement
(b) musical set
(c) musical form
(d) musical treat
16. _______________ is a song in which each verse is usually the same, like SOP 550.
17. _______________ is one of the forms of music.
18. _______________ form occurs only once in a piece of music.
19. _______________ is one of the tools used in knitting.
20. The letters used to open up paragraph or chapter in a story book is _______________.
(a) the block
(b) the serif
(c) the Gothic
(d) the old English text
SECTION B – THEORY
Answer only four (4) questions.
1a. List and illustrate four types of motif.
1b. What is traids?
2a. Explain choreography.
2b. State and illustrate four common dance patterns.
3a. What is cadence?
3b. Write and explain the different types of singing.
4a. Explain lettering.
4b. Draw the letters classification.
5a. Explain what is meant by ‘form‘ music.
5b. List four tools used in knitting practice.