Last Updated on March 3, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – SKILLS IN BALL (KICKING, STOPPING AND PASSING)
TOPIC – SAFETY RULES IN GAMES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state safety rules in games.
Playing with care.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of playground.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF SAFETY
Safety means to be free from danger.
SAFETY RULES IN GAMES
- Follow the teacher’s instructions.
- Remove all dangerous objects like stones, broken plastic, broken bottles, broken chairs, etc.
- Remove all other objects that can be dangerous while playing. For example, chair, table, bucket, etc.
- Support one another.
- Be slow and steady.
- Don’t rush.
- Don’t push.
- Be on sport outfits.
- Cooperate with your team mates.
- Obey the rules of the game.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Lists safety rules.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention safety rules.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to list some safety rules in game.